To be considered for admission to any program, applicants must submit all qualifying documents before the end date of the application period; i.e., by Feb 1st for fall admission. October 1st for spring admissions.
How to apply
- Apply online using our FLHCON Empower application. Application are not complete until the application fee is paid. You may save and return later.
- Acknowledgment of receipt of online application is sent from the College of Nursing & Health Sciences via email to the email address provided on the application.
- Students interested in the Dual Degree Program must apply online at keuka.edu or www.commonapp.org
Submit all supporting documentation to:
FLHCON – College Admissions Department,
196 North Street, Geneva, NY 14456, by the application deadline
Required documents for the admission include:
- Official proof of high school graduation or GED
- LPN licensure (if applicable)
- Proof of completion of biology and chemistry (nursing only) within five years of application with a final grade of “C” or better
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- Decisions letters are sent out the first week of November for the spring admission period and during the first week of March for the fall admission period.
- For students interested in the nursing program, please note that the nursing program utilizes a ranking sheet for admission purposes. You are encouraged to review the ranking sheet – FLHCON Nursing Ranking Sheet
- Applicant transcripts are evaluated and awarded admission points for:
- Coursework completed. Admission points are awarded based on the final grade earned for each completed course that is required (General Education course work).
- Prior college degree
- Certification or licensure in a health related field
- FLH Service Area Residence
- SAT/ACT Scores, (not required but considered)
- Applicant files are ranked by academic points and admission is offered based on total academic points as well as available seats for each admission period
- Former students applying for readmission will be ranked along with new applicants
- Applicants who do not receive an offer of acceptance are encouraged to contact the College of Nursing & Health Sciences to discuss an academic plan for future application consideration.
- Students may be readmitted one time into the same program. Therefore, students who are accepted for readmission and subsequently are unsuccessful a second time are not eligible to apply or return to the same program.
- Finally, if a student is readmitted, the student is held to the current catalog/handbook at the time of readmission and must meet with the Dean at frequent intervals in addition, to routinely scheduled advisor meetings.
- Please note that a criminal record may prohibit a student from completing required clinical experiences at a clinical affiliate
- A criminal record may hinder an individual’s ability to become certified as a surgical technologist or licensed as a registered nurse in NYS
- This determination for license or certification is not made by FLHCON but by the regulatory agency of which the students seek certification or licensure
For more information regarding NYS licensure or certification, contact the Office of Professions at New York State Education Department 89 Washington Ave, Albany NY 12234
For questions related to the admission process, please contact the Admissions Office at 315-787-5403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that enrollment in either program does not promise or guarantee employment to any student or graduate.
All documentation and transcripts need to mailed to:
FLHCON College Admissions Department
196 North Street
Geneva, NY 14456