Thank you for your interest in Finger Lakes Health College of Nursing program. Our program is a 2 year (a 4 semester) program. Upon completion of the program, an Associates Degree of Applied Science is awarded. Admission to the Registered Nursing Program is competitive so please review the information noted below carefully. (For the LPN Program information click on this link to the right: MSWSPN Link to Website
RN Nursing Program Admission Requirements
A competitive process is used for the Nursing Program Admissions. Points are assigned to specific criteria. All applicant transcripts are evaluated for required coursework that has been completed and admission points will be awarded based on the final grade earned for each course that is required for the program. Applicant files are then ranked by admission points: FLHCON Admission Points after the close of the application period on February 1st for the Fall Program Admission, or after the close of the application on October 1st for the Spring (LPN Bridge) Program Admission.
*Ranking points will be awarded for:
- Most recent GPA
- Science courses you have taken (all Sciences within the last 5 years) that meet the grade requirement (final grade of C or higher) and especially good grades in Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, and Microbiology (the sciences)
- Courses you have taken from other colleges such as Sociology, Intro to Psychology, Developmental Psychology, English Composition 1 and English Composition 2 (final grade of a C or higher). Transcripts from each college/school you attended must be Go to Courses Link: Course Requirements
- Previous certification as a health care provider (LPN, EMT, CNA, HHA, etc.) with documentation included
- Completion of Kaplan Admission Entrance Exam (after you submit your application call to schedule the Entrance Exam). The Entrance Exam is taken here at the Geneva, Finger Lakes Health College campus and the exam is free.
Generic student (defined as not holding a license in any other nursing status)
- The application period for the Fall Admission is open from November 1st through February 1st. All applications have to be submitted online through our website. A copy of all your College transcripts needs to be sent to the Student Admissions Office. Acceptance decisions are made in February. Decision Letters are sent out the 1st week of March.
- A copy of your High School Diploma/GED (High school seniors may apply prior to their actual graduation).
- Completion of studies with a “C” or higher in Biology (or Anatomy & Physiology I within five (5) years of enrollment date and achieved a grade of “C” or higher, the Biology requirement will be waived) and Chemistry, within the past five (5) years. If you need to take these courses, they are offered at local colleges or through distance education programs such as NursingABC.com/Portage. These courses need to be completed and Transcripts must be received by the February 1st application deadline.
Applicant transcripts are evaluated for required coursework that has been completed and will be awarded admission points based on the final grade earned for each completed course that is required. Applicant files are then ranked by academic points and admission is offered based on total academic points as well as available seats for each admission period. Former students applying for readmission will be ranked along with new applicants. Applicants who do not receive an offer of acceptance are encouraged to contact the College of Nursing to discuss an academic plan for future application consideration.
LPN to RN Program (Bridge Program): Current LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or those who have completed Nursing Fundamentals in another RN nursing program within 2 years of admission to FLHCON with a final grade of “C+” or above may be eligible for January admission (Nursing Science II)
- The application period for the January (Bridge) Program is open from June 1st through October 1st for the January Admission to the 2nd semester in the Nursing program. Decision letters are mailed the 1st week in November.
- A copy of a valid NYS LPN license at the time of application or proof of completion of Nursing Fundamentals in another RN Program (within 2 years of application) with a final grade of “C+” or Fundamentals must be completed prior to October 1st application deadline.
- A copy of your High school diploma/GED Transcript
- Successful completion of Biology (or Anatomy & Physiology I) and Chemistry with a grade of “C” or higher within the last five (5) years. These courses must be completed prior to the October 1st application deadline.
All applications must be submitted online with payment of the required application fee. Acknowledgment of receipt of online application will be sent from the College of Nursing via email (check your SPAM folder). All supporting documentation; High School / GED official transcript, proof of completion of Biology requirement OR Anatomy & Physiology I and Basic Chemistry must be received at the College of Nursing by the stated application deadline. All transcripts from colleges you have attended and earned credit for coursework completed, these documents need to be sent to the FLHCON – College Admissions Department, 196 North Street, Geneva, NY 14456. Again, thank you for your interest in our school. Please call us at (315) 787-4005 if you have additional questions.
Admission is offered based on total academic points FLHCON Admission points as well as available seats for each admission period. Former students applying for readmission will be ranked along with new applicants. Applicants who do not receive an offer of acceptance are encouraged to contact the College of Nursing to discuss an academic plan for future application consideration.
Students who are accepted into the nursing program and are unsuccessful can only be readmitted one time. Students who are accepted for readmission and subsequently are unsuccessful a second time are not eligible to apply or return to the same program.
For the January LPN to RN program, all applications must be submitted online. Acknowledgment of receipt of online application along with payment of application fee will be sent from the College of Nursing website via email to the email address provided to us (Check your SPAM folder). If you need to take these courses, they are offered at local colleges or through distance education programs such as NursingABC.com/Portage proof of high school transcript and diploma/GED, and college transcripts must be received by the application deadline of October 1st.
Documents can be mailed to:
FLHCON – College Admissions Department
196 North Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Again, thank you for your interest in our college. Please call us at (315) 787-4005 if you have additional questions. Our fax number is: (315)787-4275.