Thank you for your interest in Finger Lakes Health College of Nursing Surgical Technologist program. Our program is a 1 year (a 3 semester) program. Upon completion of the program, a Certificate in Surgical Technology is awarded. If you looking for information on the Practical Nursing program information visit (or click on the link) to the MSWSPN Website.
Surgical Technology Program Requirements
- The Application period is open from October 1st through March 1st. The last date to apply is March 1st for the Fall Admissions. Acceptance decisions are made in March. Letters are mailed the 1st week of April.
- A copy of your High School Diploma/GED – High school seniors may apply prior to their actual graduation date.
- A copy of all College Transcripts by March 1st deadline.
- Completion of studies with a “C” or higher in Biology or Anatomy & Physiology 1 within five (5) years of application. If you need to take this course, they are offered at local colleges or through distance education programs such as NursingABC.com/Portage. This course must be completed prior to submission of your application.
- If you have completed Anatomy and Physiology I within five (5) years of enrollment date and achieved a grade of “C” or higher, Biology requirement will be waived.
All applications must be submitted online with the required application fee. Acknowledgment of receipt of online application will be sent from the College of Nursing via email to the email address provided to us (Check your SPAM folder). All supporting documentation (proof of High School Graduation/GED, proof of completion of Biology requirement) must be received in the FLHCON – College Admissions Department, 196 North Street, Geneva, NY 14456, by the application deadline of March 1st.
Students who are accepted into the program and are unsuccessful can only be readmitted one time. Students who are accepted for readmission and subsequently are unsuccessful a second time are not eligible to apply or return to the same program.
Again, thank you for your interest in our college. Please call us at (315) 787-4005 if you have additional questions. If you need to fax us (315)787-4275.